Sunday, August 30, 2009

Interesting Books

I have not posted on here FOREVER! SO I thought I would quickly post a few AWESOME books I have read lately that lend themselves to the Naturally Healthy lifestyle.

MADE FROM SCRATCH-getting into homesteading
Jenna Woginrich

A really cute book, and really inspirational. It is about a 26 year old gal who decides to take up her life and start homesteading part time. I think this is so admirable! George Bernard Shaw said,'Life is not about finding yourself, it is about creating yourself.' She absolutely is doing that.

THE CHINA STUDY-study in nutrition
T.Colin Cambell and Thomas M. Cambell

Holy cow, what a crazy book. I have not completely formed my opinion on it yet(I am only part way through the book). I do agree with a whole foods diet, and limiting meat and dairy. I gotta finish the book for a full opinion though.

SLEEPING NAKED IS GREEN-making green choices in your life
Vanessa Farquharson

I loved the concept of this book. This gal decides to make a new "green" choice everyday for a year. Pretty interesting.

THROW OUT FIFTY THINGS-Organizing your home and life
Gail Blanke

I LOVE organizing and getting things in order in my home and in myself. This is AN AWESOME BOOK. Very motivating and liberating.

I have also read HICKORY DICKORY DEATH by Agatha Christie, MY LIFE IN FRANCE by Julia Child, CONTENTMENT by Maria Covey Cole, and some other books. It is really important to read a wide variety of ideas and books. I find I get a bit unbalanced if I only read one type of literature for too long. Especially about nutrition. Don't get burned out, read fun stuff and interesting stuff.:)

Cheers and happy reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment